Saturday, September 4, 2010

5 weeks to Competition

Today I worked with my Trainer/Coach Ann @ Gold's Gym in North Haven, her home gym and home gym of many NPC/IFPP Pro's.  Quite an amazing place - open air with 100's of machines and a second level for cardio machines.  And get this, they have a tattoo parlor inside too!

I was beginning to get worried that my strength was decreasing due to the lower caloric intake.  Today was not such the case!  Today was BACK day, one of my favorite body parts to work.  I did variations of Lat Pull downs @ 135 pounds for 5 sets; Incline mid-grip row which was a new one for me @ 75 lbs for 3 sets; managed about 15 of "Ann assisted" chin ups;  A couple other row type machines and finished up with 75 pound sweeps.  I did another 6 sets of calves to finish my workout.

Ate immediatley after workout - 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 c microwaved broccoli with lemon juice, 1/4 oz cashews that i shared with the gym dog "Tank", and a stack of Amino Acids, Vit B6 & L-Tyrosine to assist in muscle repair and protein synthesis.  About 3 hours later I took a brisk 45 min walk.

My late afternoon meal consisted of 4 oz salted cooked shrimp and 1/4 c chopped tomatoes & onions.

Dinner was a 4 oz top round steak cooked in Pam with garlic & pepper and a good cup of romaine lettuce with calorie free dressing.  I did have 3 small bites of the veal piccata my husband cooked for dinner - tasted too heavy for me.  I'm actually getting used to this very very clean (except for the zero cal dressing)

Tomorrow is just some cardio - day off of weight training.

No comments:

Post a Comment