Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wednesday Sept 8th Hams, Glutes & Calves

Hams & Glutes are a fun day - I don't mind them too much other than being tired afterwards.

Began with a 10 min warmup on bike to get the blood flowing into my legs.

KICKBACK PRESS - GLUTES
Using the leg curl machine, I kneel beneath it - with a 90 degree angle, the bottom of my foot presses up on the pad.  This isn't the actual machine, but since the overall movement is about the same I posted a picture incase you wanted to try it.
40 pounds x 15
50 pounds x 15
60 pounds x 15

KNEELING GOODMORNINGS- HAMSTRINGS
A safer variation of the standing Goodmornings and a great hamstring workout.  Begin by setting a smith bar on a low rack.  I began this exercise with 25's on each side, I can now safely do 45's on each side.  Here's a picture of the standing goodmornings.  Do NOT attemp a standing goodmorning without a trained coach to show you correct form!  Here's an example of a standing good morning.

I do 3 sets of 15-20

PLIE SQAUATS - GLUTES
Using a 70 pound dumbbell, I do 3 sets of 20

STIFF LEG DEAD LIFT - HAMS
95 X 10
105 X 10
115 X 10

SEATED CURLS - HAMS
Settings 5,6,7,8 for 12 reps

STANDING CURLS ON CABLE MACHINE
80 X 15
110 X 15
125 X 15
125 X 15


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Beth from Bandbuddies and I look forward to reading your blog! I'm always interested to hear your take on things. I'm not quite as dedicated as you are, but I do love to know what I SHOULD be doing if I were. :) Keep at it, sister!

    I blog too! http://neverendingquest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete